August 24, 2020
We are looking forward to our school year starting on Wednesday! This evening, our district in partnership with the School Board of Education, made the decision to modify the schedule for the first week of school. Please review the updated schedule for all students below:
- Wednesday, August 26-Friday, August 28 will be half days of school, 7:45 AM-11 AM
- Our first full day of school is Monday, August 31, 7:45 AM-2:35 PM
- The Jackson Area Career Center will begin full school days on Thursday, August 27. Students are encouraged to attend these classes this week but are not required based on our scheduled half days. We will not provide district transportation until Monday, August 31.
Please review the important information below:
- All students, Learning at Home and In-Person, need to have a reliable device. If students are In-Person, we ask this device be charged daily and brought to and from school each day. If your child has not registered for a district provided Chromebook but needs one, please complete the Technology Registration form. Technology Registration Form
- If your child plans to utilize his or her own personal device for school, please be sure to complete the Bring Your Own Device Policy. Bring Your Own Device Policy
- Hot Spots are being provided to those in need and will be allocated to students in our Learning at Home program as a first priority. In-Person students in need of a Hot spot will be provided one as soon as possible.
- Please check out our Welcome Back Virtual Open House videos on the website below. There will be additional videos posted tomorrow. It is important for your child to view all of the videos for their schedule.
- I have included an important link summarizing How to be Successful with Learning at Home. This includes information for our remote students regarding how to get started with their classes, the Learning at Home Liaison, ways to access additional resources, how to communicate with their teachers and more. Please take time to carefully review this document with your child. How to be Successful with Learning at Home
- Please continue to check the orientation website for helpful links, necessary forms and Welcome Back Videos. We will update this daily with new information. Orientation Website
- Our drinking fountains have been converted to water bottle filling stations only. Please encourage your child to bring a water bottle with them to use during the school day.
We feel fortunate for the partnership we share with the Columbia Central community and look forward to a new school year. Please take care and feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Christi O'Neil, Principal