January 2nd, 2021
Happy New Year! I hope the year ahead brings you good health, hope and joy in all of your endeavors. We look forward to returning to school on Monday, January 4th.
Please review these important reminders:
- We will resume In Person instruction on January 4th. If your child is an In Person student, they will begin attending school on Monday. The school building opens at 7:35 AM. At this time, all students need to leave the building directly following the school day unless they are participating in a supervised program. If your child is a Jackson Area Career Center student, they will also resume In Person Instruction on January 4th.
- All COVID safety protocols will remain in effect for In Person students. Students and staff will be expected to complete a daily health screening/assessment, have their temperature taken each day by school staff before coming into the building, wear masks in all school areas except for when eating or drinking, adhere to transition procedures throughout the school day, and maintain safe hand washing practices.
- We will continue to offer our Learning at Home program to students who choose this option. They will begin their course work using Google Classroom on Monday, January 4th. Students need to check their email and Google Classroom pages for instructions from each teacher.
- If you child is making a switch from last semester to either of our learning program options, please make sure you have emailed Mrs. Diefenthaler, our counselor, at email@example.com to indicate this change.
- First semester grades will be finalized in PowerSchool by Wednesday, January 6th. If your child failed a high school course, we will be in touch with options for credit recovery.
- As an important part of our COVID safety procedures, all students and staff members will assess their health and wellness prior to coming to school each day. If your child does not feel well, please keep them home. If your child is sick and will not be in school, call our attendance hotline at 517-769-8673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to excuse them. You may also refer to the COVID toolkit to access the daily health screening and for more information on when to keep your child home- COVID Toolkit. If you have questions regarding the Covid dashboard, please visit: https://www.myeagles.org/o/columbia-school-district/page/return-to-learn--2 .
We will continue to keep you updated with important information in the weeks ahead. We are happy to have the opportunity to return in person and look forward to seeing our students and staff! Please enjoy the New Year!
Feel free to contact me with questions.
Christi O'Neil, Principal, Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School
11775 Hewitt Road
Brooklyn, Michigan 49230
Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Twitter
Columbia Central Sr. High School Website