We have made it to Senior Week and are so excited to celebrate our Class of 2020 graduates!. Please carefully review the information below as some details have been changed due to COVID Phase 4 requirements.
Scheduled Events for Senior Week-
- Tuesday, July 21, Senior Brunch-10:30 AM, CCHS outdoor area in front of the gymnasium-We encourage students to wear their Senior T-shirts. All food items will be individually packaged, Student Award Presentation, Decision Day Announcements, Jostens delivery for caps, gowns, and tassels. Students who attend will also receive exciting prizes from our After Prom committee!! This is a student event and should last until approximately 12:30 PM. We have postponed composite photos until Friday, July 24 beginning at 5:15 PM. Face coverings will be provided by the district for every student at the Senior Brunch to utilize at the Senior Events throughout the week when necessary. Students may also bring their own face coverings if they prefer.
- Wednesday, July 22, Aloha-Junior/Senior Prom-HAS BEEN CANCELED
- Thursday, July 23, Baccalaureate-7-7:30 PM, Heart of the Lakes Church Outdoor Courtyard Area-We are asking guests to please bring their own lawn chair for the ceremony. Dress is business casual.
Graduation Information, Friday July, 24-
- Friday, July 24-Graduation Practice-9:30-11 AM, Students need to meet on the bleachers at the football field to begin our practice by 9:30 AM.
- Composite Photos-beginning at 5:15 PM-Students should meet outside of the fitness center gym 5 minutes before their scheduled time with their cap, gown and tassel. Time slots will begin at 5:15 PM on Friday. Please refer to the information below:
Last names-Adams-Dennis-5:15 PM
- Graduates will line up, 6:30 PM-All graduates must meet on the grassy area next to the fitness center, closest to the football field by 6:30 PM.
- Graduation, 7 PM- Our region has remained in Phase 4 of the Reopening Plan for Michigan. In this case, we are allowed 100 people to gather for an outdoor event. We will have a large main stage located in our parking lot area. Students will be seated outside surrounding the main stage. Family members will need to watch the event from their vehicles. UPDATE-Students are allowed 2 car loads of guests to attend the event but must remain in their vehicles during the entire ceremony. We will not hand out tickets as this will allow for more guests to attend within their vehicles. You may bring as many people who safely fit in your car. We will open the parking lot up for spectators to arrive beginning at 5:30 PM on Friday. K 105.3 will broadcast the event LIVE on their Facebook page. This will help with viewing the event from your vehicle and for those family members who are unable to attend.
- Picture This of Jackson will take graduation composite photos on Friday, July 24. In addition, photos will also be taken when your child receives their diploma on the stage. Photo ordering information will be sent home with your child at our Senior Brunch.
- The restrooms located in the football stadium area will be available during the graduation event.
- Due to Phase 4 safety requirements, we are asking families to please remain in their vehicles for the event. Please do not congregate in any area before, during, or after the event to allow us to abide by all safety procedures. Families should plan to leave directly following the ceremony.
- As we celebrate each graduate when they come across the stage, please refrain from honking horns or using other loud noise makers. There will be an opportunity at the end of the ceremony to cheer for all of them.
We would like to thank our entire community for their tremendous support throughout this time. Our graduates have waited a long time for this week and we hope to make it both special and memorable for all of our students and their families. We look forward to seeing you this week!
Christi O'Neil, Principal