I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
In an abundance of caution, the decision has been made to cancel In-Person instruction for students this week and move to Distance Learning. In addition to the staff member who was referenced in an email last week, we have another staff member who tested positive for COVID-19. We have identified and contacted necessary individuals who are considered close contacts and are required to quarantine. We feel this is the best course of action to follow considering the health and safety of our students and staff.
Please review this important information below-
We will follow an asynchronous schedule for students to complete coursework this week. Students will be required to log in to Google Classroom, check and respond to necessary emails, participate in any online meetings and complete work at their own pace. We recommend they follow a consistent academic schedule for the week.
Students will have an opportunity each day for academic support facilitated by Columbia Central teachers.
Teachers will host live academic support meeting sessions each day organized by subject areas. Please refer to the schedule listed below. During this time, students may ask questions, get timely feedback, interact with teachers and other students in the class. The academic support times listed below are not required but strongly recommended if your student needs help in any way.
9:30-10:30 AM-Elective and Foreign Language classes-(Band, Choir, Art, PE, Foreign Language)
10:30-11:30 AM-Social Studies (including Mr. Riedel and Mr. Zaborowski)
10:30-11:30 AM-Special Education
11:30 AM-12:30 PM-Math
1:30-2:30 PM-Language Arts, Senior Transitions, Psychology
Individual/group meeting sessions by appointment may be set up by the teacher. Teachers may also require online meetings for classes throughout the week.
Students will use Google Classroom to access their assignments and instruction.
Students will earn academic letter grades and all coursework will be counted for credit this week.
Students may participate in online clubs or activities that are being offered this week
All In-Person school activities and athletics are cancelled until Saturday, October 17. There will be no practices or competitions until Saturday, October 17.
Additional Important Information-
- SAT testing for Seniors will be rescheduled to a later date in October.
- Virtual conferences are scheduled for the 14th and 15th. Please use the link below to sign up for a time slot. We recommend attending if your student is in need of academic support in any way. Virtual Parent/Teacher Conference Registration Form
- Students will not attend In-Person instruction at the Jackson Area Career Center this week. They need to plan to complete their work using the virtual format from home.
- If your child needs to pick up any necessary items from their locker to support their learning this week, the office will be open from 7:30 AM-3 PM on Monday. Please have them come to the main entrance.
- Our Food Service Department will provide breakfast and lunch pick up on Monday from 10-11 AM. They will distribute meals outside in front of the main office.
We greatly appreciate your support throughout this time. Please feel free to contact me with questions or if I can help in any way.
Christi O'Neil, Principal, Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School
11775 Hewitt Road
Brooklyn, Michigan 49230
Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Twitter
Columbia Central Sr. High School Website