Good Afternoon Class of 2020,
I hope your summer is off to a wonderful start! This year, more than ever, is a time to celebrate our students and the Columbia Community. We are so excited to share that graduation will now be held at Columbia Central on Friday, July 24 at 7 PM! Please review these important updates:
It is expected our region will be under Phase 5 of Governor Whitmer's plan for reopening in July. Under this stage, gatherings at a sporting venue allow for 500 people to attend, providing individuals remain six feet away from one another and practice COVID-19 safety precautions. Students will be able to invite up to 4 guests to attend the graduation ceremony. Parents, family members, and friends attending will watch the event from the football field. Graduates will be sitting on the bleachers with the ceremony of events taking place on a stage located on the track.
- RAIN PLAN-We will move the event to the gymnasium. In this case, we will modify the ceremony and update you with details as the date is closer.
- Graduation composite photos taken by Lifetouch will be moved from July 21 to our graduation practice on July 24. Please sign up for a time slot using this link: Lifetouch Graduate Composite Photos Time Slots
- Picture This of Jackson will take photos at the ceremony and these will be available for purchases through their website.
- Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, we are not allowing students to request particular staff members to hand out their diploma. Students may visit with staff members before and after the ceremony.
- Students will receive a letter indicating any outstanding fines they may have. Please contact the high school office with any questions. All fines must be paid in full by July 24.
Scheduled Events for Senior Week-
- Tuesday, July 21, Senior Brunch-10:30 AM, CCHS Cafeteria-all food items will be individually packaged, Student Award Presentation, Decision Day Announcements, Jostens Delivery for caps, gowns, and tassels. This is a student event and should last until approximately 12:30 PM.
- Wednesday, July 22, Aloha-Junior/Senior Prom-8:30-10:30 PM, CCHS Gymnasium and Outdoor Area-tickets are $5 each. Dress is prom attire. Please use this link to RSVP and pay-Aloha-Junior/Senior Prom. (If you are paying with cash, you may do so at the event but need to RSVP on the form.)
- Thursday, July 23, Baccalaureate-7-8 PM, Location TBA
- Friday, July 24-Graduation Practice-9:30-11 AM, CCHS Football Field-Lifetouch photos will begin at 8 AM, Class of 2020 Graduation-7 PM, CCHS Football Field, K 105.3 will broadcast the event LIVE for guests who are unable to attend.
As we near Senior Week, we will remain mindful of current COVID-19 safety requirements. Details for all of the above events are subject to change as a result.
We are aware some students may be leaving before July 24 for military service, collegiate requirements, or other responsibilities. Please email me if you are unable to attend any of the graduation events. We are so proud of you and will plan to honor you and your accomplishments at these events. Please contact the high school office if you need to pick up your diploma, cap and gown early due to this circumstance.
It is so nice to hear about celebrations for graduates taking place throughout the summer months! Class of 2020, you deserve this time to shine! Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Christi O'Neil, Principal