WELCOME BACK LETTER
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! On behalf of the entire staff at Columbia Central, we look forward to reconnecting with our students and families as we begin another school year!
Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School was recognized by the U.S. News and World Report as a Best High School. In addition to being one of the top 40% of schools nationally ranked, our high school led in Jackson County. We offer our students the opportunity to grow academically while pursuing their goals and interests. Students gain experiences and the skills necessary to be prepared for their future. We are happy to offer the following unique courses and activities for our student body:
- Advanced Placement courses in the areas of Language Arts, Math, Science, History, and Psychology
- Award-winning Marching, Concert, Jazz Band and Choir programs
- Theatre productions offered at the junior high and high school level
- Professional student organizations such as Business Professionals of America and the National Honor Society
- Student clubs including Most Teen’s Don’t, Student Senate, PLANK, and more
- Award-winning Robotics program for junior high and high school students
- Community service opportunities including our high school Leadership course, National Honor Society, and the Kiwanis Key Club
- Variety of athletic opportunities offered each season
We look forward to many exciting events in the Fall for our students and community. Homecoming, Student Leadership Forum and our district wide Veteran’s Day assembly are all activities we are proud of at Columbia Central.
At our Back to School Orientation students will obtain class schedules, books and locker assignments for the 2019-2020 school year. Additionally, there will be information available for Seniors regarding graduation essentials from Josten’s and an important Freshman Orientation for the Class of 2023. Orientation dates and times are:
August 15: 12-3 PM, Juniors and Seniors
August 15: 4-7 PM, Sophomores
August 15: 5:30-7 PM Freshman Orientation
Junior High students (7th and 8th grade) will receive their schedules and locker information in the mail and are encouraged to attend the Back to School Open House.
The Back to School Open House will be held on Tuesday, August 20th from 5:30-7 PM.
Columbia Central High School athletics begin the week of August 12th. All 7th-12th grade students interested in participating in sports must have a physical dating April 15th, 2019 or after. There will be an opportunity to meet all of our Fall athletes on Sunday, August 18th at 6 PM. Our community is welcome to join us on the football field for this special event.
We would like to thank our Columbia families for their continued support and dedication. Together, we all help to encourage our students to grow and succeed. As a proud graduate of the Columbia School District, I feel so fortunate to be a part of its future. Thank you for all that you do for Columbia Central!
Remind App for Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Parents
We will begin providing short updates and reminders for parents using the Remind App. You may receive notifications using your smartphone or email. Please use this link to join Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Remind. We will begin sending updates this week.
- Supply List 2019-20
- CCHS ranked number one in Jackson County for 2017 SAT score performance! Read Article
- Michigan's 50 public schools with the highest graduation rate. Read Article
- Golden Eagle Guidance Counseling/Scholarship Updates
- College & Career Access Center Student Resource
- School Improvement Plan
- Traffic Map
- Annual Education Report
- Restorative Practice Brochure
Weighted Grades/Class Rank
The Board of Education of Columbia Central High School has adopted a method of weighting students' classroom performance. This weighting system is used to determine students' rank in class.
Points of Pride!
- Free Jackson County Early College
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Award Winning Band Program
- STEM Courses
- Advanced Technology in every classroom
- Excellent Athletic Programs
- New Student Online Registration
- Educational field trips to European Countries
- Art Education available to all students
- Service Learning Projects
- Performing Arts
- Highly Ranked in Jackson County
- Summer Programs
- Silver & Bronze Medallion Award Recipients
COLUMBIA CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL - FIGHT SONG
There is a story behind this fight song. More than three decades ago, the music department decided the current song, based on the Marine Hymn, had run its course and the school needed something "more catchy". A committee, made up of Robert Spencer, Lee Brower, and Phil Chelekis, researched other fight songs and decided the fight song from Central Michigan University was the best for us. Mr. Chelekis adapted the music and the committee came up with the lyrics, loosely based on CMU.
Fight, Central, down the field
Fight for victory
Fight, Eagles, never yield
We're with you oh varsity
Onward with banners bold
In our hearts, you are the best,
Fight for the blue and gold,
Down the field for CHS,
Eagles, we're proud of that nickname!
Hear our song!
Loud and strong!
Central is going to win this game.
Come on and ... (repeat)