WELCOME BACK LETTER
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! Together as a community, we have faced an uncertain time. With strength in our partnership, we have been able to support one another and create a stronger community. While last school year was not the traditional end we expected, it provided us opportunities to learn and grow as educators. Now more than ever, our staff is so excited to welcome back our students and families.
As you know, the safety of our staff and students will remain a top priority as we begin this school year. We have developed educational plans according to the Governor's Michigan Back to School Road Map. Our staff is prepared to provide students with valuable learning experiences for both face to face instruction and through virtual learning if necessary. Columbia Central will continue to provide students with multiple opportunities to learn and grow, Some of these unique courses and activities for our student body include:
- Advanced Placement courses in the areas of Language Arts, Math, Science, History, and Psychology
- Award-winning Marching, Concert, Jazz Band and Choir programs
- Theatre productions offered at the junior high and high school level
- Professional student organizations including the National Junior Honor Society and National Honor Society
- Student clubs including Most Teen’s Don’t, Student Senate, Academic Games and more
- Award-winning Robotics program for junior high and high school students
- Community service opportunities including our high school Leadership course, National Honor Society, and the Kiwanis Key Club
- Variety of athletic opportunities offered each season
- The foreign language department at Columbia Central offers students the opportunity to travel abroad.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive counseling program to support student wellness and mental health needs. Mrs. Diefenthaler and Mrs. Caryl work together to service our student population and connect families with outside resources when necessary.
Remind App for Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Parents
We will begin providing short updates and reminders for parents using the Remind App. You may receive notifications using your smartphone or email. Please use this link to join Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Remind. We will begin sending updates this week.
- CCHS ranked number one in Jackson County for 2017 SAT score performance! Read Article
- Michigan's 50 public schools with the highest graduation rate. Read Article
- Golden Eagle Guidance Counseling/Scholarship Updates
- College & Career Access Center Student Resource
- School Improvement Plan
- Traffic Map
- Annual Education Report
- Restorative Practice Brochure
Weighted Grades/Class Rank
The Board of Education of Columbia Central High School has adopted a method of weighting students' classroom performance. This weighting system is used to determine students' rank in class.
Points of Pride!
- Free Jackson County Early College
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Award Winning Band Program
- STEM Courses
- Advanced Technology in every classroom
- Excellent Athletic Programs
- New Student Online Registration
- Educational field trips to European Countries
- Art Education available to all students
- Service Learning Projects
- Performing Arts
- Highly Ranked in Jackson County
- Summer Programs
- Silver & Bronze Medallion Award Recipients
COLUMBIA CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL - FIGHT SONG
There is a story behind this fight song. More than three decades ago, the music department decided the current song, based on the Marine Hymn, had run its course and the school needed something "more catchy". A committee, made up of Robert Spencer, Lee Brower, and Phil Chelekis, researched other fight songs and decided the fight song from Central Michigan University was the best for us. Mr. Chelekis adapted the music and the committee came up with the lyrics, loosely based on CMU.
Fight, Central, down the field
Fight for victory
Fight, Eagles, never yield
We're with you oh varsity
Onward with banners bold
In our hearts, you are the best,
Fight for the blue and gold,
Down the field for CHS,
Eagles, we're proud of that nickname!
Hear our song!
Loud and strong!
Central is going to win this game.
Come on and ... (repeat)