Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! Together as a community, we have faced an uncertain time. With strength in our partnership, we have been able to support one another and create a stronger community. While last school year was not the traditional end we expected, it provided us opportunities to learn and grow as educators. Now more than ever, our staff is so excited to welcome back our students and families.
As you know, the safety of our staff and students will remain a top priority as we begin this school year. We have developed educational plans according to the Governor's Michigan Back to School Road Map. Our staff is prepared to provide students with valuable learning experiences for both face to face instruction and through virtual learning if necessary. Columbia Central will continue to provide students with multiple opportunities to learn and grow, Some of these unique courses and activities for our student body include:
- Advanced Placement courses in the areas of Language Arts, Math, Science, History, and Psychology
- Award-winning Marching, Concert, Jazz Band and Choir programs
- Theatre productions offered at the junior high and high school level
- Professional student organizations including the National Junior Honor Society and National Honor Society
- Student clubs including Most Teen’s Don’t, Student Senate, Academic Games and more
- Award-winning Robotics program for junior high and high school students
- Community service opportunities including our high school Leadership course, National Honor Society, and the Kiwanis Key Club
- Variety of athletic opportunities offered each season
- The foreign language department at Columbia Central offers students the opportunity to travel abroad.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive counseling program to support student wellness and mental health needs. Mrs. Diefenthaler and Mrs. Caryl work together to service our student population and connect families with outside resources when necessary.
Remind App for Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Parents: We will begin providing short updates and reminders for parents using the Remind App. You may receive notifications using your smartphone or email. Please use this link to join Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Remind. We will begin sending updates this week.
- Clubs and Activities
- Online Student Registration
- Traffic Map
- School Improvement Plan
- Restorative Practice Brochure
- Annual Education Report
OK2SAY is a program designed to empower Michigan students, parents, school personnel, community mental health service programs, and law enforcement to share and respond to student safety threats. Learn more or submit a confidential tip.
M-STEP Parent Report Video
A guide to help to understand M-Step reports. To continue the Department’s commitment to support teachers, parents, and students throughout this transition to higher expectations for all students, a newly developed video is now available which summarizes M-STEP and walks viewers through how to read and interpret student scores within the M-STEP Parent Report. Watch Video
Recognition to our School
Columbia Central High School named to Top 20 Jackson Area Academic State Champion Schools! Featured on Mlive